Restlawn Memorial Park Association was founded on May 16, 1929 by a group of prominent Wausau businessmen. The first perpetual care trust was established one year later and remains in effect today.
In 1944, L. J. Corbeille and his family took over ownership for the cemetery and renamed it Restlawn Memorial Park. William F. Krause became affiliated with the Park in 1949 as its accountant. Records suggest Restlawn was Mr. Krause’s first client when he opened his accounting practice. The cemetery was sold to Mr. Krause on September 16, 1960. Mr. Krause’s two sons, William F. Jr. and Tom G. managed the Park since 1960.
In April, 1966, the Bishop of La Crosse, and pastors from area Catholic churches entered an agreement for Restlawn to provide burial space to Catholic families from the area. This affiliation with the Catholic Community continues to this day as evidenced by the three Catholic gardens and Catholic mausoleum.